The Client’s Business Challenge
Holderness and Bourne is a men’s golf apparel and accessories brand. They sell high-quality products for the modern golfer that combines style ad performance. Though they’ve become a well-known brand in the golf industry, they realized their online presence wasn’t as strong as it could be. and they needed help in growing organic traffic and improving keyword rankings. That’s when they reached out to Intensify, a top SEO agency, to help grow organic traffic and improve keyword rankings. Intensify’s goal was to help Holderness and Bourne stand out in a highly competitive industry by leveraging the power of SEO.
The Intensify Solution
With Intensify’s expertise and strategy, Holderness and Bourne saw a significant improvement in their organic search rankings, resulting in increased organic traffic and greater online visibility for the brand. Here’s how we did it:
- Conducted keyword research and competitor analysis to identify the brand’s most relevant, high-traffic keywords.
- Optimized on-page elements of the website.
- Implemented keyword-rich metatags, header tags, and on-page content.
- Completed a thorough technical audit of the website to identify and solve issues that were impacting the brand’s search engine visibility.
- Executed a backlink-building campaign that involved competitor broken link building, unlinked mentions, and reaching out to relevant sites in the industry.
- Added and masked additional on-page content under dropdown menus in order to improve SEO while not harming CRO.
- Added a competitive number of words to on-page content for top collections pages.
- Once we gained page 1 rankings for top keywords, we re-evaluated our target keywords. We repeated prior steps with this new set of target keywords and pages.
Within the first 3 months of starting the project, Holderness and Bourne saw a 35% lift in organic traffic. This was a testament to the power of SEO, but the real success came later. After 11 months, they saw a 75% lift in organic traffic. This increase in traffic was directly linked to the improvement in the company’s search engine rankings. All of their target, high-volume keywords now rank on either page 1 or 2 of Google. This not only improved the visibility of the brand, but also led to a significant increase in online sales and revenue.